Servings: 6 Yield: 12 pancakes Prep 25 mins Cook 18 mins Total Time 43 mins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 4 medium bananas, one mashed and 3 sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Maple syrup
1. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, flaxseed meal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together the butter, buttermilk, egg, and mashed banana. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon until the dry ingredients are just moistened. Do not over-mix.
3. Heat the canola oil on a griddle or non-stick skillet over medium heat….