- 1 cup spelt or wheat berries
- 2 slices fresh ginger, 1/2-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons Asian ginger-sesame salad dressing
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame (soy beans), cooked according to package directions
1. Place spelt, ginger, and salt in a saucepan with 3-1/2 cups water. Let soak overnight.
2. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat. Simmer 30 minutes. Add carrots and simmer for 30 more minutes. Drain and toss with remaining ingredients.
Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 196, Fat, total (g): 4, carb. (g): 32, fiber (g): 9, pro. (g): 10, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.