Making new friends might seem to be increasingly difficult as we get older. Sometimes it seems like everyone else already has an established friend group. Especially now that we are in the middle of a global pandemic, it seems harder than ever to find safe ways to maintain a healthy social life. Here are tips for high school and college students to maintain connections with friends and make new friends during these unprecedented times.
7 ways to make new friends and stay connected to old ones
- Schedule a socially distanced walk
- This is a fun way to combine exercise and socializing!
- Select a meeting place and time and invite friends and acquaintances; ask them to invite others too.
- A good place to go would be a park, track, or wide trail where everyone can socially distance.
- Make sure everyone wears a mask and stays 6 feet apart at all times.
- Schedule a walk weekly so it becomes part of…