We’ve been hearing about a lot of college students whose in-person attendance at their colleges is being cancelled. In solidarity with them, we have come up with a list of things you can do to help your at-home college student feel like they are at school.
Seventeen ways you can help your student feel like they are in the dorm
1. Tell them they are not allowed to eat dinner with you anymore. Give them a four-month supply of Ramen noodles.
2. Make them do their laundry at the laundromat.
3. Only talk to them once a week — via Skype.
4. Make them wear flipflops in the shower.
5. Anoint their younger sibling(s) as Resident Advisor. Have them plan mandatory community building activities.
6. Three words: Family beer pong!
7. Make them walk to class by taking a lap around the house.
8. Have them take the bus to the corner store.